Thursday 26 June 2014

Accidents Need Not Happen at Project Space Plus

I am pleased to be showing a new work in Accidents Need Not Happen at Project Space Plus in lincoln. The exhibition runs from 25th June till 11th July.

My work is a video portrait of the celluloid-to-digital transfer machine at the MACE archive, it is a celebration of machinery and a lament for a now lost age of celluloid. In a former job as a projectionist I directly witnessed the transition from celluloid to digital projectors in the cinema in which I worked. I still have a huge nostalgia for celluloid film, but work with digital technologies to create films. The machine at MACE perfectly encapsulates this passing point between these two technological landmarks of cinema and my own conflicting relationship with the two.
Curated by Wang Yao  with exhibiting artists Andrew Bracey, David Fowling, Laura Johnson, Liu Chunmei, James Phaily, Zhang Tao, and Eleni Zevgaridou.
Please follow link for more info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment